Saturday, November 28, 2009

Night of the Living Red


I've been getting ready to get back into the analog method of painting, recently, and here's my first try at watercolor (well, my first try in like 20 years). I love watercolor! Stuff happens with watercolor that you can't quite arrive at digitally. It's hard to compete with the undo button, though and I made a mistake with this one that lead me to stop before I would have. Not too shabby for an abortive effort, though. The painting is actually a blue-green. Everything was going okey until I threw the green in, though. So I scanned it and tweaked the color and settled on a nice juicy red. Anyway, I'll definitely be working with watercolors a lot more, now, even if I end up finishing on the computer. And I'll stay away from green.

No comments: